Chicken ParmigianaCrumbed Chicken Breast topped with tomato sauce and cheese. An awesome pub lunch.
Breaded chicken breast covered in tomato sauce and topped with gooey melted cheese cooked in the air fryer. Serve with your favourite vegetables, or pasta.
TEMP200°C or 390°F
- 1 Egg
- 55 g Bread Crumbs
- 2 Boneless Chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 55 g Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Pour the egg into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the breadcrumbs.
- Coat the chicken in the egg from the first bowl.
- Coat the chicken in the breadcrumbs from the second bowl.
- Preheat the air fryer to 200°C or 390°F which usually takes around 3 minutes depending on your air fryer
- Place the coated chicken into the air fryer basket for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Once the chicken breast is cooked, spread 2 tbsp of Tomato Paste onto each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle a light layer of Parmesan cheese onto the tomato paste layer.
- Add the Mozzarella cheese on top of the Parmesan cheese.
- Place back in the air fryer to cook for another 2-3 minutes until the cheese is lighly browned.
Note: Shredded cheese can sometimes fly off the food and around the air fryer. If you are concerned about this, use sliced Mozzarella cheese, and pin it down by using toothpicks. If the Parmesan Cheese is under the Mozzarella cheese, you shouldn't have any cheese flying around the air fryer. Other variations to this recipe include substituting the tomato paste with pizza sauce, or spaghetti sauce. You can even use different types of cheeses to suit your taste.
Leave A Comment