Grilled Cheese SandwichLightly Toasted on the outside, and gooey melted cheese on the inside. Yummm
Take your lunch to a whole new level by making Grilled Cheese in the Air Fryer. Fantastic with just cheese, or add some ham, or tomato. It's always a winner and cooked to perfection in the air fryer.
TEMP180°C or 360°F
- 2 Slices Bread
- 50 g Butter or Margarine
- 100 g Cheese
- 2 Slices Tomato Optional
- 1 Slice Ham Optional
- Preheat the air fryer to 180 ° C or 360 ° F which usually takes around 3 minutes depending on the air fryer.
- Butter the two slices of bread.
- Slice the cheese and place it between the two slices of bread. The buttered sides should face the outside of the sandwich.
- Place a toothpick into the sandwich to stop the bread from flying off
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook for 4 minutes.
- No Oil necessary
I need to weight down the sandwich with a metal teaspoon or something top stop my sandwich from blowing apart in the air fryer due to the strong fanning.
A couple of toothpicks put through the sandwich , a bit on the slant, holds the two pieces of bread together
Doesn’t the cheese go all over the inside of the air fryer and get burnt on?
Totally not recommended! It will leave a big mess of melted cheese in your fryer!
do you butter both the top and bottom slices if bread ?
My favourite Toastie is a Bacon, Brie and cranberry one. So I assume I need to fry the bacon before putting it in the bread?