Jam SconesScones with Strawberry jam and cream for afternoon tea. Yum!
Baking scones in an airfryer is super easy, and tastes great. An awesome treat for afternoon tea.
TEMP170°C or 340°F
- 3 1/2 cups Self-Raising Flour Extra for dusting
- 1 cup Thickened Cream
- 1 cup Milk
- 5 ml Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Strawberry Jam
- 1/2 cup Double Thick Cream
- Place the flour in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the thickened cream and milk.
- Using a flat-bladed knife, stir until it forms a sticky dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead it until just smooth (Ensure you don't over knead the mixture)
- Preheat the air fryer to 170°C or 340°F for approximately 3 minutes depending on the air fryer you have. (This is very important)
- Flatten the dough until approximately 2.5cm thick. Using a 6cm round cookie cutter, cut out the scones. Press the leftover dough together, and repeat this step to make a total of 12 scones.
- Pull out the air fryer basket and spray the basket with the olive oil spray to stop the scones from sticking to the basket.
- Place 4-6 scones next to each other into the basket, and slide the basket back into the air fryer.
- Cook for 15 minutes until they are lightly golden brown, and hollow when tapped on the top.
- Repeat with the remaining scones.
- Top with strawberry jam, and double thick cream.
Important: Ensure you preheat the air fryer prior to placing the scones in it. This ensures the scone dough will rise. As a variation of this recipe, you can also try pumpkin scones. Just mash some cooked pumpkin and add it into the dough mixture. Recipe found at the Woolworths Supermarket website.
Leave A Comment