Pizza CalzonePizza Calzones with Gooey Mozzarella Cheese, and your favourite pizza toppings are a perfect treat for the family.
Perfect for snacks, or main meals, this allrounder dish will be one your favourite recipes using left overs in your fridge, or using favourite ingredients such as a pizza filling. Perfect for cooking in an Air Fryer.
TEMP190°C or 375°F
- Rolling Pin
- 1 Batch Pizza Dough Premade or Store Bought
- 1/2 Cup Pizza Sauce
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum)
- 50 g Pepperoni
- 30 g Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Flour
- Divide the Pizza Dough into equal portions.
- Sprinkle the flour onto a clean bench top.
- Using the rolling pin, roll the Pizza Dough into 6 inch circles approximately 1/8 inch (3mm) thick.
- Spread 1-2 tbsp of Pizza Sauce on one side of the circle leaving a border of around 1 inch (25mm).
- Add approximately 3 tbsp of Mozzarella Cheese on top of the Pizza Sauce.
- Chop up the Bell Green Pepper (Capsicum) into small pieces, and sprinkle 1 tbsp on top of the Cheese.
- Chop up the Mushrooms into small pieces, and sprinkle approximately 1 tbsp on top of the Bell Green Pepper (Capsicum) and Mushroom.
- Fold the clean side of the dough circle up and over the filled side.
- Gently twist and pinch the edges together to seal in the filling.
- Using a knife, poke 3 holes in the top of the Calzone.
- Using a brush, brush a bit of olive oil onto the Calzone, and the Air Fryer basket (to stop it from sticking).
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 190°C or 375°F which usually takes around 3 minutes depending on the Air Fryer.
- Place two Calzones into the basket next to each other being careful not to overlap them.
- Cook for 9 Minutes or until golden brown.
- Substitute your own ingredients for the calzone filling if you want something different.
- You can also use Puff Pasty instead of Pizza Dough if you desire.
This recipe is amazing! My family even agrees with me!