Airfried PicklesSpicy and crunchy air fried Pickles. Great for an appetizer when having a family get together, or as a quick snack. You can't go wrong with this recipe.
If deep fried pickles is your thing, then why not try a healthier version by cooking them in the airfryer?
TEMP200°C or 390°F
- 32 Slices Dill Pickles
- .5 Cup Plain Flour
- .5 tsp Salt
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 tbsp Pickle Juice
- .5 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 tbsp Snipped Fresh Dill
- Place the sliced pickles on a dry paper towel until most of the liquid is absorbed. This usually takes around 15 minutes.
- In a Shallow bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, pickle juice, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder.
- In another shallow bowl, combine the panko bread crumbs, and the fresh Dill.
- Dip the slices of pickles in the flour mixture (bowl 1) to coat both sides and shake off the excess.
- Dip in the egg mixture (bowl 2), and then the crumb mixture (bowl 3). Pat to help the coating to stick.
- Spritz the pickles and the air fryer basket with a bit of cooking spray to assist with the browning, and to help it stop sticking.
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 200°C or 390°F. Depending on the air fryer, this usually takes around 3 minutes.
- Place the pickles in the air fryer basket and don't overlap them. You may need to cook them in batches.
- Cook until golden brown and crispy for around 10 minutes, turn over, and cook for another 7-10 minutes.
- Cooking times may vary from air fryer brand to air fryer brand so continuously check it after the first 10 minutes.
Leave A Comment